Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Who are Young Adults, and What are they reading?

The title Young Adults can represent many different ages. I asked my students that I surveyed, and they felt that a young adult starts at the age of 18 or 19. They do not see themselves as "young adults." When referring to literature, "young adults" targets the ages of 12-18. I surveyed three males and two females. The responses I received were all different revealing the different personalities of each.
The books were Animal Farm, Congo, The Red Badge of Courage, The Book Thief, and Brisingr from the Inheritance Series.
The movies they last watched and enjoyed were The Last Song, The Loser, and Confessions of a Shopaholic.
Most of them prefer a novel over an informational book, and they love to read about music and art.
They enjoy books by Michael Chriton, JK Rowlings, JRR Tolkein, and CS Lewis.
The best books included Twilight, Harry Potter, and Redwall Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment